Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Downbeat Cafe


I went here on 6/25/10 I think.

After a long ride down Pico, I realized that the highway, although very slow due to a dilugue of traffic, is still faster than most street journies. I made it to the Echo Park and Silver Lake area for the first time though, but I had to endure many stop and starts at stop lights, and a hot car.

The Downbeat was not doubt a joint. It was treated by most like there living room, and there was no shortage of nifty on the heads of those who did not hesitate to show them off.

No free wifi though. This is ridicoulous at this. Yeah, I can see you're trying to avoid the whole "everyone just looking at their laptops instead of interacting" thing, but really. As a business you're are trying to compete for business, and this is not standard for any good cafe.

I went to downbeat for a meeting I had scheduled, but I don't believe I will be returning. The coffee was acutally good, but the food lacked any real effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment